|Lichfield Rd, Walsall Wood, Walsall, WS9 9NP (Click for Google map)
|Rev. Elizabeth Dunning
|01922 445802 or use our Contact Form
|WALSALL WOOD METHODIST CHURCH opened in 1851 and was known as The Ebenezer Chapel. The Church building became the victim of dry rot and was demolished during the 1980s and worship continued in the hall & Sunday school rooms next door. Although not in the best state of repairs, the building was used for all of our activities.
Over the years, it became obvious that a lot of work was needed to improve the premises and we were very grateful to receive grants from Vigo Utopia Guardians Trust, which enabled us to have the hall modernised, an extension (accessible by a ramp) consisting of a reception area, a large storage room, new toilets and an enlarged car park. The original Cross from the wall of the old church was re-sited in the large hall. The building was re-opened officially in January 2007 .
Further renovations were completed in 2009, courtesy of a grant from Cory Environmental Trust of Great Britain, allowing full refurbishment of the rear of the building and grounds, plus new chairs for use in the hall. With it’s full disability facilities we hope the building will become a focal point for the local community.